The Law Office of C.W. Roop, PLLC
Contact An Attorney That
Will Listen To Your Needs

February 2019 Archives

Tips for parents wishing to keep trust detail secret

Generally speaking, trust beneficiaries must be told about its existence and what they will eventually receive. However, parents in Virginia may not want their children to know about the trust for a variety of reasons. Therefore, they may want to pursue what is known as a silent trust. In some cases, they will be allowed to designate an individual to receive information on a beneficiary's behalf.

Criminal charge in Virginia? What if you live in another state?

It is likely that when you are visiting a state that you are not a resident of, it is for a reason such as a vacation, to have fun or to be with friends or family. All these occasions can be severely disrupted if you are charged with a crime. An already unpleasant experience can also become confusing and stressful since you are only visiting the area and may soon be leaving for good. If you are facing criminal charges but live in another state besides Virginia, here are a few things you should know.

Email Us For a Response

Contact Christopher W. Roop Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact Info

The Law Office of C.W. Roop, PLLC
19229 A.L. Philpott Highway
P.O. Box 160
Spencer, VA 24165

Phone: 276-352-4550
Fax: 276-258-0659
Spencer Law Office Map

Review Us
After Hours Appointments
Are Available