top of page

Child Custody

When parents divorce or separate, it is necessary to establish a custody arrangement that takes into account the child's needs as well as what would be in the child's best interests. In order to make this arrangement legally binding, parents must present their case to a family law judge. Depending on the facts presented by each parent and what seems best for the child, the judge will order a specific custody arrangement that makes sense for the family at hand.

At The Law Office of C.W. Roop, PLLC, we make sure the judge has access to all the facts in order to make an informed custody decision. We can help you prepare documents and testimony to support your case as well as advocate on your behalf before the judge.

Enforcing A Custody Agreement

Even though custody orders are legally binding in Virginia, some parents ignore shared parenting agreements, even refusing to return a child or moving out of state in hopes of seeking more favorable custody laws. Attorney Christopher W. Roop will work on your behalf to ensure that the applicable state custody laws are honored and that your child is returned per the terms of the custody arrangement.

Getting An Existing Order Modified

We understand that there may be instances in which a custody order needs to be modified, such as when a parent gets a new job in another state or when there is a change in the child's living situation. In these cases, a parent can petition the court to modify an order. We can guide parents through this process, helping them present evidence that supports their request for a custody modification.

Contact Our Firm For Assistance

At The Law Office of C.W. Roop, PLLC, we understand your fears and concerns about your child custody matter, and we know that it may only be a small part of a greater family law issue. We want you to know that we are here for you, and we are ready to work on your behalf.

We serve clients in Henry County and all surrounding counties. Credit cards are accepted at our firm. To schedule a free initial consultation with our lead lawyer, contact our firm online, or call our law office in Spencer at 276-352-4172.

bottom of page